Click on any of the following questions to jump to the answer:
- I upgraded my turboDial for Campaign SMS but am unable send an SMS from my campaign.
- Can I use a cell phone number as my SMS from ID?
- Can I send images in an SMS from turboDial?
- Can I receive images in an SMS in turboDial?
Questions & Answers
I upgraded my turboDial for Campaign SMS but am unable send an SMS from my campaign.
If you have upgraded your turboDial subscription to include Campaign SMS then you are able to configure an HTTP POST in a campaign sequence that will send an SMS. See the full instructions in your turboDial account at this page: https://sd123.customerhub.net/campaign-sms
Here are the most common mistakes in setting up the HTTP POST:
- In your HTTP POST process in your Campaign Sequence, you misspelled the Name ‘userId’ and forgot to capitalize the ‘I’.
- In your HTTP POST process in your Campaign Sequence, you entered a phone number for the ‘from’ value and did not use a phone number you acquired in the “Inbound & SMS” section of your turboDial app.
Can I use a cell phone number as my SMS from ID?
U.S. law does not permit “spoofing” the from number on an SMS message; the from number must be a real phone number assigned to the device that sent the message.
For that reason Twilio does not provide a method to substitute a personal phone number for the from ID on an SMS message.
Instead, you must use a valid SMS-enabled phone number that has been acquired within turboDial.
Can I send images in an SMS from turboDial?
Can I receive images in an SMS in turboDial?
Yes, you can receive images via SMS text messages to your inbound turboDial number.
When any SMS arrives on your turboDial panel you can click the green SMS button to view it.
That will open the “SMS View and Send” window, and the SMS message will contain a link to view the image.
And the email message you receive for the inbound SMS will also contain a link to the image.