The Forward to Contact Owner feature allows you to choose the Infusionsoft Contact Owner as the configured destination for inbound calls. This feature is part of the Enhanced Inbound add-on and Hosted Voice upgrade in turboDial.
The Contact Owner is the Infusionsoft User in your company who is designated on the Contact Record as the owner of that contact. See more here.
How it Works
When an Inbound Number is configured to include the Contact Owner as one of the destinations for inbound calls, turboDial will attempt to ring the softphone client for the User in your team who is designated as the owner of the Contact who is calling. If that User is logged in to turboDial on their PC/Mac then they will see a screen pop alert for the call and can click the Answer button to accept it.
When an inbound call arrives to a number configured to Forward to Contact Owner turboDial performs the following steps :
- Search your Infusionsoft account for a Contact Record that has the caller’s phone number in a Phone field.
- If more than one Contact Record is found then the Contact with the lowest ID number will be chosen.
- If a Contact Record is found then turboDial looks for an assigned owner for that contact and obtains the Infusionsoft User ID of that owner.
- turboDial looks for a turboDial User in your account with that Infusionsoft User ID and obtains their email address – that will be the email address used to log in to turboDial.
If the preceding steps were successful then the turboDial softphone client for the Contact Owner will begin ringing for the inbound call.
If the preceding steps did not succeed in finding the Contact, or did not find a turboDial User as Contact Owner, then the Inbound Number’s “Assigned User’s Infusionsoft Email ID” will be substituted as the destination for the inbound call. The Assigned User’s Infusionsoft Email ID can be found in the first configuration screen for an Inbound Number.
Follow these steps to setup for Forward to Contact Owner.
With the Enhanced Inbound feature when you configure an Inbound Number the second configuration screen looks similar to this:
The first phone number field at the top includes a special option of “Contact Owner”. When you click the “Quick Fill Options” button on the left of that field you will see it in the list, as shown here:
When you choose that option for field 1, and continue to fill the remaining fields according to your preferences, your configuration screen will appear similar to this, with the first field set to “Contact Owner”:
Now when you click the “Update” or “Update & Next” button your new configuration will be saved and inbound calls will ring at the turboDial softphone client for the Contact Owner.
- The Forward to Contact Owner feature will only send a call to a turboDial softphone destination. It will not send a call to a phone number destination.
- There are many cases where turboDial will not succeed in finding a Contact Owner for an inbound call. Therefore you should always configure additional destinations for inbound calls so that calls will be assured of ringing to a phone or softphone even if a Contact Owner is not found.
- This feature is compatible with the Hosted Voice features that are accessible on the third configuration screen for the Inbound Number. You can configure Voice Mail, Auto-Attendant, Inbound Queueing or Find-Me for the Inbound Number that is set to Forward to Contact Owner.
- Infusionsoft servers can sometimes be slow to respond to turboDial’s requests for information, and sometimes the request fails with no response. During a slow response case your caller will be listening to a ringing phone for an unusually long time while turboDial attempts to extract information from Infusionsoft.